Monday, March 10, 2008

Saturday was the perfect day for Golf 'n Stuff! Beautiful blue skies and not too hot or cold. We met Jamin, my older brother, Kira & Andrew and their boys Tony & A.J., at the Habit for lunch then off we went to Golf 'n Stuff. I have no idea who got the best score but I do know that we had a blast. After a round of golf Andrew, Jamin, Eric, and I rode the go-carts and Tony rode with Andrew and A.J. rode with Jamin while Kira video taped it. That was tons of fun too! Then we played some arcade games. Eric beat me at air hockey 7 to 0. Argh! But I beat Kira 7 to 5. Hehe! Afterwards we all went to Kira & Andrews to hang out. Oh! I woke at 8:30 Saturday to go to the Farmer's Market with Candace Barton! I only spent $3.60 and I got enough stuff to have salad for a week! YAY! Thanks Candace! Lizette, Candace's I think almost 1 year old girl came along for the ride and she thoroughly enjoyed herself! Back to our day. Eric and Andrew played video games the whole time while we were there and Kira and Jamin and I played Taboo. Later, Kira made some cheese quesadillas for us with salsa & cream cheese. It was a really long day for me so I was really tired by the end of it! I'm so glad we were able to have such a fun day like that since I will be starting the process of the Stem Cell Transplant soon. Thanks for reading and for any comments!

6 comments:

amyndodd said...

Saturday really was a beautiful day!! I am so glad we are having such nice weather. The video was really cute, looked like lots of fun!

Zortman Family said...

Shelsi,
This is Eric's cousin Ayme and I live in Colorado. I have not met you yet but I have to tell you that I am so impressed by your strength. You are a beautiful person inside and out. I read your blogs and get updates through my mom through Uncle Lewie and I am just so impressed by you. I wish you luck in your upcomming stem cell transplant. You and Eric are always in our prayers.

Katie Fish said...

Oh man...I wish we had beautiful blue skies and nice weather. I'm so jealous! I'm glad you got to get out and have fun! How nice to have such fun great family around!

Kari said...

Shelsie... You are so beautiful, and you 2 are going to have the prettiest kids one day. Keep up the good work in all that you do. I sure miss you, and your family, and of course all of Thousand Oaks. You are in my prayers Shel, and I think of you often. Keep that beautiful smile on your face!!! I don't know your husband or anything about him, but I know he is one strong guy, and I can see how much he loves you. You got a good one Shelsie. You are such a blessing to so many people... us who are so far away are feeling just how much of an inspiration you are. Keep going being you. And know that we love you.

brandi said...

Shelsi!! I just read an email from your Momma that you and Eric might be coming to Hawaii. You'll have to tell me WHEN because me and my Fiance live here. We're getting sealed in the La'ie temple on Oahu June 28th, then we're coming to California for our wedding ceremony and reception July 12th. I would LOVE it if you could make it. There is not a day that goes by that You and your family are not in my prayers . Love you!

Charles Fulford said...

Can someone help me find Candace Barton of the Salida region of Colorado? High Chaparral Ranches, etc.

As I sit here listening to Santana, I want to re-establish contact with her. Nothing but fond memories of business transactions together. Including the Downares.

charles fulford
charles.fulford@verizon.net
in Virginia, USA